Gem evecare emphasises on efficient and personalised health care to all our patients. We are one among the top notched centres in our country to perform all laparoscopic and robotic gynaecological procedures including basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries for malignancy, severe endometriosis as well. GEM Eve care is a tertiary referral centre for complicated cases.
Department Of Endogynecology
We provide care to women for all gynaecological problems including abnormal uterine bleeding, fibroid uterus, infertility, cancer of female genital tract, etc. We are equipped with advanced laparoscopic instruments and have a specialised pelvic surgery team comprising of experienced endogynecologist, surgical gastroenterologist, urologist, anaesthetist to efficiently deal with difficult surgeries having severe bowel adhesions ,frozen pelvis, cancer surgeries etc.
Our services also include adolescent health care, reproductive endocrine care, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Cancer screening, Pap smear screening, Menopause care, Urogynecology.
- Adolescent health care
- Reproductive health care
- Cancer screening
- Menopause clinic
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Robotic surgeries
- Hysteroscopic procedures
- Infertility evaluation
- Vaginal procedures
Dr. D. Kavitha Yogini,MS.,FMAS – Fellow in Endogynecology
Dr. D. Kavitha Yogini is an experienced gynec laparoscopic surgeon who is attached to GEM Hospital since 10 years and heads the Department of Endogynecology. She had studied her MBBS in Coimbatore medical college, Coimbatore. She has done her post graduation in KMC, Manipal and postdoctoral fellowship in Endogynecology from GEM institute and Research centre. She was awarded honorary FMAS by Association of minimal access surgeons of India for her extensive work in gynaec laparoscopy.
She is well versed with advanced laparoscopic surgeries including oncological and urogynecologic procedures. She has been conducting basic and advanced laparoscopic training courses regularly for the past 7 years. She has organized several national and international conferences, has been a faculty in conferences both at home and overseas. She has several publications in national and international journals to her credit. Her special interests are operative llaparoscopic gynaecologic oncology, urogynecology, robotic surgery and hysteroscopy.
Team of Surgeons:
1) Dr.B.Devi, MS, FMAS – Fellow in Endogynecology
Dr.B.Devi is an experienced gynaecologist .She has done her MBBS from PSG IMSR, Coimbatore. She has done her post graduation in KMC, Manipal and has completed her postdoctoral fellowship in Endogynecology from GEM institute and Research centre. She is a passionate and dedicated teacher. She has 8 years of teaching experience in medical college. Her classes and lectures are enjoyed by our fellows. She has been organising several training programmes and CME’s for practitioners and postgraduates. Her special interests are reproductive endocrinology, management of abnormal uterine bleeding, urogynecology and hysteroscopy
2) Dr.P.Kodeeswari, MS – Fellow in Endogynecology
Dr.P.Kodeeswari has done her MS from Madras medical college, Chennai. She has done her post-doctoral fellowship in endogynecology from GEM Institute and Research centre. She has done certified training in colposcopy from New Delhi. Her special interests are colposcopy and advanced laparoscopic gynaecological surgeries.
- 10,000 Sucessful Hysterectomies
- 10 Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomies in Uterus > 3Kgs
- 1st Center to do Total Lap Hysterectomy
- 1997 1st Center Sigle Incision Total Lap Hysterectomy
- 1997 1st Center Sigle Incision Myomectomy
- 1st Morcellation in SILS Myomectomy without additional port
- Only Center with dedicated Dept for Gynacology & Laparoscopy
- 1st time in India Minimally Invasive Paravaginal repair
- DAY CARE PROCEDURES:
- Office Hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic sterilisation
- LNG IUS insertion
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Laparoscopic surgeries:
- Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy/oophorectomy/salpingo oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for ectopic pregnancy: salpingostomy, salpingotomy, salpingectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery for torsion of ovary/adnexa – 100% ovarian preservation
- Laparoscopic surgery for tubo ovarian mass/adnexal mass
- Laparoscopic myomectomy: Laparoscopic endoultrasound guided myomectomy
- Laparoscopic ovarian vein ligation- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Total Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic tubal recanalization
- Laparoscopic surgery for pelvic organ prolapse
- Laparoscopic Sling surgery
- Laparoscopic paravaginal cystocoele repair
- Laparoscopic Moscowitz repair
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy- post hysterectomy vault prolapse
- Laparoscopic pectopexy
- Laparoscopic surgery for urinary incontinence
- Bursch colposuspension
- Advanced Laparoscopic surgery for Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic surgeries in frozen pelvis
- Surgery for scar endometriosis
- Rectovaginal fistula repair
- Laparoscopic cervical encirclage
- Laparoscopy during pregnancy
- Laparoscopic appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Laparoscopic management of adnexal torsion
- Laparoscopic Metroplasty
- Laparoscopic excision of rudimentary horn
- ROBOTIC SURGERIES
- Robotic total hysterectomy
- Robotic radical hysterectomy for cancer uterus,cervix,ovary
- Robotic sacrocolpopexy
- Robotic Myomectomy
- COMBINED SURGICAL AND GYNECOLOGICAL PROCEDURES
- Hysteroscopic polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic proximal tubal cannulation
- Hysteroscopic adhesiolysis
- Hysteroscopic septal resection
- INFERTILITY EVALUATION
- Laparoscopic Extrafascial Hysterectomy with bilateral pelvic lymphadenectomy
- Laparoscopic Wertheim’s radical hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic nerve sparing radical hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic para aortic lymphnode dissection
- Debulking surgery in ovarian malignancies
- SCARLESS SURGERIES
- Single Incision laparoscopic gynaecologic surgeries
- VAGINAL PROCEDURES
- Pelvic organ Prolapse surgeries:
- Vaginal Hysterectomy, Fothergills, Ward Mayo’s, Perineorrhaphy,
- Mc Indoe’s vaginoplasty
- Surgery for stress urinary incontinence
- TVT –O
- Pelvic organ Prolapse surgeries:
HUGE OVARIAN MASS:
- A 34 year old unmarried girl presented with abdominal distension for 1 month and heavy menstrual bleeding for 2 months. On examination, her abdomen was over distended.Tumour markers were normal.USG and CT showed giant ovarian cyst of 36x33x25 cm cyst extending from pelvic cavity to subphrenic space with no solid areas.
- She was advised open surgery elsewhere because of the giant size of the cyst. We have thoroughly evaluated the patient and managed her with laparoscopic surgery. All the necessary intraoperative precautions were taken by our experienced anesthetist and surgeons to maintain normal hemodynamic parameters in view of the massive cyst decompression. Total of 30 litres of cyst fluid was drained. Patient went home 2 days after surgery.
- This challenging surgery can be performed laparoscopically in only few centres
- A 31-year-old had come with mass descending per vaginum since 7 years. On examination, she had Grade III uterovaginal prolapse with grade II cystocoele, infravaginal and supravaginal elongation of cervix. She was advised for hysterectomy for uterine prolapse.
- In our hospital we have performed Laparoscopic Hysterosacropexy with bilateral uterosacral ligament plication for her. By this procedure we have preserved the uterus for this young lady and averted the need of hysterectomy with a good outcome.
LAPAROSCOPIC MYOMECTOMY – MULTIPLE SUBMUCOUS MYOMAS
- 32 years, nullipara came to us with Primary infertility. The reason for her infertility was diagnosed as multiple fibroid uterus. She had large fibroids all over the uterus and was suggested open myomectomy in various hospitals.
- Our team of experienced endogynecologist, radiologist, and anaesthetist have done laparoscopic myomectomy with endo USG guidance in this patient and removed 8 fibroids totally. Laparoscopic ultrasound is an advanced instrument available in very few centres all over the world. Open surgery in this patient would further compromise her fertility and laparoscopic myomectomy has a better outcome in these patients.