One of the earliest centers in world to prove laparoscopic cancer surgery was as effective as open surgery for Cancer Care. Further, we also showed this world that laparoscopic cancer surgery was much superior to open surgery in terms of patient comfort.
GEM Comprehensive Digestive Cancer Care
In GEM, the best cancer hospital in India, with the unstoppable efforts of Prof.C.Palanivelu and his team, through their innovations have shown that any kind of gastrointestinal cancers like oesophagus, cancer stomach, liver, pancreas, intestines, uterus, etc., can be safely removed. With the newer technologies in surgery and imaging like the da Vinvi robotic system, 4K, and 3D laparoscopy, the magnification and visualisation are now 10 times better than the human eye, making these surgeries superior translating to better outcomes.
- Laparoscopic Radical D2 gastrectomy for stomach cancer
- Laparoscopic Ivor-Lewis oesophagectomy for oesophageal cancer (adenocarcinoma)
- Thoracolaparoscopic subtotal oesophagectomy for oesophageal cancer(Squamous cell carcinoma)
- Laparoscopic hepatectomy for liver secondaries/primary tumours
- Laparoscopic whipples operation for periampullary cancer/cancer head of pancreas
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy for tumours at the tail of pancreas
- Laparoscopic splenectomy for splenic pathologies
- Laparoscopic Right hemicolectomy for distal ileum, caecum, ascending colon tumours
- Laparoscopic right extended hemicolectomy for hepatic flexure tumours
- Laparoscopic left hemicolectomy for left colonic tumours
- Laparoscopic subtotal colectomy for synchronous tumours
- Laparoscopic Anterior/Abdominoperineal resection for rectal cancers
- Laparoscopic Wertheims radical hysterectomy for uterine cancers
- Laparoscopic wedge resections of stomach for GIST
- Laparoscopic sphincter-saving resections of the rectum for lower rectal tumours.