MS, MCh, DNB, FACS, FRCS(Hon) Ed.,
Dr. C. Palanivelu
- Managing Trustee – GEM Digestive Diseases Foundation – Charitable Trust
Understanding the plight of the economically backward, Dr Palanivelu strives hard to make Laparoscopy available for all. This is done through:
GEM Digestive Diseases Foundation and Charitable Trust
- To serve the needy and economically backward common public.Conduction of 65 in house periodic free medical camps.
- Bearing of all the medical expenses.
- Provision of high tech medical facilities and treatment at free / affordable cost.
- Served 43,225 of patients till now 2,777 of free laparoscopic surgeries.
- Financial assistance for poor students to persuade education
Free Medical ward at GEM Hospital
- 20 beds exclusively to cater medical services including laparoscopic surgeries free of cost forthe needy people.
GEM Mobile Clinic
“To reach the unreachable”
- Conduction of free medical camps in rural areas.
- Early detection of diseases.
- Awareness creation in public health issues.
- Incorporates eminent expert team of doctors.
- Equipped with modern scientific tools.
- Facilitated with laboratory, ultrasonology and endoscopy.
- Free checkup, free treatment.
Establishment of first Preventive gastroenterology Clinic
- To create awareness among the public in prevention.
- Obesity Awareness – Mini Marathon
- For early detection
- For health education
- Cancer screening
- Obesity clinic
- To make everyone realize “Prevention is better than cure”.
- Health care awareness creation via lectures, meetings and media – journals, dailies, magazines and television.
- A serial of lectures in Doordarshan – “Vayirae Nalama”, 2005
- Major issues for discussion on Obesity and GI Malignancies aiming Prevention and early detection, cure.
- Public health education.
- Periodic Hepatitis-B Awareness and free vaccination programmes every year one month in August.
GEM Nursing Education
- For brilliant, poor female students food, accommodation, college fees and transport are all made free for studying B.Sc Nursing.
- Dr. C. Palanivelu – Managing Trustee
- Mrs Jaya Palanivelu – Joint Managing Trustee
- Dr. P. Senthilnathan – Joint Managing Trustee
GEM Digestive Diseases Foundation
45A, Pankaja Mill Road
Coimbatore – 641045.
Telephone: +91 9003392929